3.06.2009

Sleep in heavenly peace...

The day finally came when my 13-year old Boxer finally gave in to death. My mom said that the last couple days he could barely get up, was sitting all the way down to go to the bathroom, bleeding from the mouth, and then yesterday in his stool. This morning he couldn't get up at all and had wet himself everywhere and didn't seem to even realize he had. He collapsed somehow, but then after 10 mins he finally got up. My parents took him to the vet and they said there was barely a pulse and that they would have given him to the end of the day.

I was very sad when I first called my mom, not even thinking about the appt with the vet about the bleeding. Well my dad answered very upset and I realized what had happened. I shut down for awhile, but in my heart I know it was what was meant to be. I had to let go and I was slowly doing so. I told one of my best friends that I knew the last time I went home was the last time I'd ever see him. That was a month ago. I feel guilty that I wasn't able to be there for him when he needed so much help and more love. He has been deaf for the last 2-3 years now, so he was completely isolated from the world. When my baby girl died last year, he didn't have any dog to rely on as his ears. He began to get worse until he just started sleeping 20 or more hours a day.


RIP MACK 1995-2009



I hope he has found his best friend up there. I miss them both very much.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.Please don't feel guilty about anything. I think your parents toog good care of your dog.

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

im so sorry to hear about your loss. Its so hard when a pet dies.. they are not only animals but part of our families...

<3

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's sad when those we love die :(

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Sarah.
Just remember that it's all good at the Rainbow Bridge.